This is where farmers brought their fleeces to be converted into yarn, cloth or blankets and where customers bought tweed and other products. The sign on the roof is disproportionally large so it could be seen from the road above.
When the Woolmill opened in June 2012 after the restoration, the Old Shop was used as the online shop mailing department, and has been closed to the public ever since.
However, as of the 26th of April 2017, the Old Shop is now open to the public - just like it was in the 1920's when Winnie bound the edges of blankets in the shop and offered special customers a glass of sherry!
The Old Shop has been opened just in time for visitors coming down during the Spirt of Speyside Whisky Festival! Keep a look out for Knockando Woolmill scarves that have been made exclusively for the festival...